Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Why You Should Be Drinking Water Every Morning



Just want to share with y'all a detox drink I started drinking yesterday morning, and plan to drink every morning.  Drinking water first thing in the morning is such a good thing to do for your health!

 Let's look at some of the benefits:

  • Renews Your Cells
  • Boosts Your Metabolism
    • Helps You Lose Weight
    • Purifies Your Colon
    • Cures Illnesses and Diseases
    • Balances Your Lymph System
    • Makes Your Skin Glow!
    Why is drinking water first thing in the morning so beneficial?  Well, first, our bodies are 70% water, so it just makes sense that we need a lot of it.  At night, we go several hours with no food or water, so drinking lots of water when we first wake up replenishes our bodies and gets everything moving.  It begins to purge toxins from our blood, renews our cells and balances our lymph system.  It also makes absorption of nutrients easier, and boosts your metabolism, a key factor in helping us lose weight!

    Speaking of weight loss, this is one reason I'm starting to drink my detox water every morning.  I love my sugary treats, and tend to cheat more than I should. I workout hard almost every day, and I sometimes sabotage all that hard work by eating what I shouldn't.  So I decided to get really strict and try the morning detox thing.  Here's what I did yesterday:


    • Drank my "detox tea" (recipe below) first thing in the morning.  I didn't drink it all at once, but sipped on it through the morning.
    • Ate half a banana and a few walnuts
    • Did my 21 Day Fix Yoga Fix workout
    • Had a Shakeology smoothie (recipe below)
    • Made another cup of detox tea, slightly different recipe (below)
    • I know I had a snack later in the day, but can't remember now what it was!
    • Ate a chicken breast and spinach for dinner
    • Ate dinner before 6 pm, and no eating after 6
    • Sipped on the rest of my detox tea until bedtime
    After that routine, I woke up this morning and had lost a pound!  Awesome!!  I drank lot of plain water in addition to my detox tea as well, and made sure I got plenty of protein and veggies.  I didn't starve myself, and avoided sugar and too many carbs, and saw results!  Shakeology helps a lot with that, since it contains 40+ super foods and protein.  

    To be clear, I won't be following this plan all the time, but just when I've backslid some, just to get myself back on track.  After that, I'll add back in my steel cut oats and more fruit, etc.  

    Morning Detox Tea

    1. Brew 2 green tea bags for one and a half minutes in about 12 oz of water.
    2. Add a TBSP of honey, juice from a slice of lemon, and either a piece of fresh ginger or a half a tsp of powdered ginger.
    3. Mix it up, then add water and ice to make yourself a big glass full.


    Afternoon Detox Tea

    1. Brew one or two herbal tea bags (I like Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice, but any flavor you like is fine) in 12 oz of water.
    2. Add a TBSP of honey, juice from a slice of lemon, and either a piece of fresh ginger or a half a tsp of powdered ginger.
    3. Mix it up, then add water and ice to make yourself a big glass full.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment