My Favorite Fitness Tips
1. Workout EVERY DAY!! This might seem like a hard thing to do at first, but once you make it a habit, your day won’t feel complete until you’ve worked out. I’m not saying you can never take a day off, but by working out almost every day, you’ll begin to see the results you want.
2. Mix it Up When I do more than about a month of the same kind of workout, I begin to get burned out, so I like to change it once in a while. For example, if you normally do a workout video and you’re starting to feel a little tired of it, go for a run instead for one or two days, and then go back to your video. If you do cardio a lot, do some yoga or weights for a little while. It’s important to break up the monotony so you don’t give up!
3. Get Lots of Sleep This is more important than you realize. If you don’t get enough sleep, which for most people is between 7 and 9 hours, you won’t have enough energy to workout like you need to. It may also leave you feeling hungry and you may eat more than you should, or make unhealthy choices. It also messes with your hormones, which will affect how you lose weight. So do your best to get to bed early and get at least 7 hours.
4. Push Yourself Every time you work out, push yourself to do a little more than you did yesterday. It’s the only way to continue to see progress. You really can do more than you think!
5. Combine Cardio and Strength Training You can either do cardio one day, then strength training the next, or you can combine them into one workout, but both are important. You need cardio to keep your heart strong and increase circulation, and strength training is good because the more muscle you build, the more calories you burn. The two work hand in hand to give you the best fat-blasting potential!
Follow these tips to get started on your fitness goals!